Disclaimer: these are first impressions. I haven’t had time to test these out. I like to leave them nice and neat for the pictures, cuz the world knows I need help with my pictures.
Ipsy – Glamazon
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in1 Styling Treatment – this is Jen Aniston’s brand, right? I have always wanted to try this line of hair products so I am very excited to have received this. It does have a citrusy scent to it, not too bad. I will probably try this on my curly hair days.
- Sweet Lips Organic Honey Lip Balm – This smells like Vaseline. Feels soft when I put it on, no taste to it which is nice. I’ll throw it on my vanity to use before putting on liquid lipsticks.
- IT Cosmetics SuperHero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara in Super Black – This is not the wand with the ball on the end of it which I haven’t tried yet. The claims are that this will stretch your lashes, add dramatic length & volume, give you plumper looking lashes and leave with a fuller lash line. Those are a lot of claims, as someone with good lashes I am curious how this stacks up. Does anyone else like this mascara?
- TreStique Mini Highlight Stick in Maldives Luminescent – I have tried TreStique sticks before, I received a sample of the eyeshadow stick. The color was great, it didn’t move around on the lids but man did it dry out. The color on this is a pretty peach color, not sure how to use it but I do look forward to playing with this.
- COASTALSCENTS Elite Medium Shadow Brush – I did say last month that I had been contemplating cancelling Ipsy for a long time, but that I had only held on to the subscription because they were including a lot of brushes. What a run on sentence. Anyways, I got another brush that looks a lot like the Esssences brushes I already own. This one is stiffer, short haired and more dense, great for packing color on the lid but watch out for fallout.
Play by Sephora – The Unbasic Basics
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Night Cap Overnight Perfector – Another Living Proof hair product in the same month, this girl is doing her happy dance. Same citrusy smell as the styler.
- Dr. Jart Water Drop Hydrating Primer – I am a fan of Dr. Jart products, so the happy dance continues with this product. This comes out looking like a silicone primer but then blends into slippery shine on your skin.I read the directions and it says to apply sparingly after serum. Ooohhh, maybe I applied to much. Out of curiousity, what do you do when your moisturizer does not have any SPF?
- Sephora Rouge Brilliance Rouge Shine in N 14 Love Spell – this is the tiny lipstick in the picture. Ha, I love tiny little lipsticks. When I swatch this on my hand, it is very hydrating and moist looking which makes me question staying power. The color looks a notch above baby pink so I may be able to wear this color.
- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel and Kat von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper. These two products have me twerking with happiness. These definitely make the bag. Both are items I have been wanting to try but have yet to make the purchase. These will definitely get major use from me after today. I quickly played with these, and I feel like these are going to bump some of my current beauty favorites. I will do a follow up post.
- Tory Burch Eau de Parum Spray in Jolie Fleur Verte -Not pictured. I don’t wear any kind of fragrance so that is going to my mom.
Final thoughts: Did the beauty subscription world collide and decide to give me the best month ever?!? 2 Living Proof products would have been enough to make dance. But then they threw in a complete eye; brow gel, liner and mascara. Give me those three products with a great moisturizer and I feel like a boss! I am running this world.
Ipsy thank you. Sephora thank you. This has been an amazing month of products.