After lots of hype and cutesy YouTube videos my August Ipsy bag arrived. Overall I am rating this a 2. The only thing it has going for it is the N YX Liquid Illuminator and the mermaid looking makeup bag.
- Japonesque blush – color is beautiful but has too much shimmer for my large pores. I may use this as an all over lid color. Will make probably makes its way into my work makeup bag for an all over lid color.
- Black liquid liner (not pictured) – Very creamy easy to apply. Did it hold up on my water line?
- NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator in Sunbeam – color is similar to the blush. Definitely a little goes a long way. My first time using this product so I am very happy I was introduced to it.
- Olive Face Anti -Aging Moisturizer – Certified organic product. Does not have a heavy fragrance, sinks into the skin quickly. I look forward to using this
- In Transit Camera Close-Up – claims to be a mask, moisturizer and primer in one. It comes out of the tub white, thick in constancy but blends evenly. It is nice and tacky, foundation will definitely adhere to it.
And its opponent, in the red is Play! by Sephora. Overall I will rate this a 2 as well. Read on to see why.
- Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow in 6P01 – This is my first Make Up For Ever eyeshadow. Yay!!! The claims are that it is highly blendable with intense payoff. However, this color reminds me of the Mellow plum shadow I received in last months Ipsy bag, not unique to my collection at all.
- Urban Decay Perversion Masacara – The claims are bigger, blacker, badder lashes. As a previous owner of this mascara, the biggest downfall is that it is a pain in the butt to take off. While I am grateful for a mascara that does give me thicker beautiful lashes, this one requires too much work to take off.
- Sephora Contour Eye Pencil in Love Affair – It is a plum shimmery color that claims to wear for 12 hours and is waterproof. Because of the glitter I will not get to test out the wear, I will have to pass it along.
- Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm – A very rich balm, that when blended into the skin leaves behind a nice luminous glow (no shimmer). It does have a bit of light fresh scent, I will have to tell if you if it irritates my super sensitive eyes.
- Lancôme Energie de Vie – The smoothing & Glow Boosting Liquid Care – I agree with the glow claim. Very iridescent, scented. Instruction card says that it is a lightweight moisturizer, but do I want that much shimmer in my moisturizer?!?
- Clean Reserve Warm Cotton – each box comes with fragrance but this one I will actually keep. The instruction card says to “line your closet drawers and shelves with a pretty tissue paper that has been spritzed with your favorite” to make “clothes and towels smell amazing.”
Overall neither box offered a wow product that made me fall in love. The winner, by a small margine, is the Play! by Sephora because that instruction card was very helpful for writing this out. I will be honest and say that I haven’t been very happy with Ipsy bags in a long time. The only reason I have kept my subscription is because they were send me great eye brushes, but I haven’t received a brush in the last two bags. The September bag will determine if I keep or cancel my subscription.